Wednesday 14 April 2021

2021.12 Count Your Blessings

  1. Night-quiet, everything distant (save ancient heating).

  2. The pervading fragrance of clean laundry, new paper, pencils.

  3. Food safe from contamination or theft (though not forgetfulness).

  4. My hand on the volume.

  5. My books on the shelves.

  6. My laugh, as late or loud as I need it to be.

  7. A throat full of song to lay on quivering air.

  8. Space in which to be fatigued. (Sleep, sleep, sleep!)

  9. Space in which to be energised. (Dance, dance, dance!)

  10. A farewell to jealousy.

  11. A farewell to lies.

  12. Knowing my worth, my priority.

My response to the @allographica Day 12 prompt (create a 12 step guide to happiness/ unhappiness) became so incredibly convoluted that I had to abandon two separate versions until I said: keep it simple, love, and so I did.

A small flower that looks like a very yellow daisy with a dark centre rises up from the bottom of the picture on a green stalk (I know very little about flowers!). The background is blurred and seems like daylight but could honestly be anywhere or anything. Scrawled across in looping, black felt tip handwriting are the words: "Be happy. Do the best you can. Be good and kind."
I found this image in a LOT of places, with no indication where it originated!




No comments:

Post a Comment