Monday 11 April 2022

2022.7 Theft

Four behind on the month’s target, I thought I’d do something short and sweet. Instead of one clogyrnach, I ended up with six loosely themed elements of… something… which is definitely not sweet…

The boy stood on the burning deck,
all focus on one fiery speck;
dancing, twisting, wild,
conflagration’s child;
art summoned from the wreck.

I think that I shall never see
our master go down on one knee,
beg us to forgive
ways he made us live;
the fire would set him free.

I wandered, lonely as a cloud
away from that upsetting crowd,
laughing at the rules,
playing folk for fools.
I’m sure that’s not allowed.

And did those feet in ancient time
ensure that they were shod to climb
generations hence,
other spirits flensed,
their living made a crime?

Come live with me and be my love!
The song sung to their god above;
blessings trickled down,
cudgel and the clown;
their powers hand in glove.

Dark hills at evening in the west,
the barrows quietly attest:
Kings and Fools and all,
destined to the thrall
of our cold, final jest



A white person wearing what looks like the black jacket of a security guard, complete with arm badge, and black gloves, is walking through an art gallery with a small painting in a gold frame under one arm. The painting appears to be of a sailing ship which looks as though it's being frantically scrambled to prevent capsizing against a dramatically cloudy sky and atop tumultuous waves. If is means anything to you, the painting is apparently "The Storm on the Sea of Galilee" by Rembrandt.
Image from CrimeReads

What is this piece or set of pieces? I don’t entirely know yet. But I do know a lot more about iambic tetrameter now, so that’s nice! Hooray for April, month of first drafts…


No comments:

Post a Comment