Friday 15 April 2022

2022.11 F/Helix

More #concrete poetry! I’ve been wanting to try this for a while...

Text coiled in the shape of a cartoon snail in profile. Text starts in the centre of the shell: "You wind me up, tell me that, without you, I’m just a pest, inconsequential, homeless, slow, and sickly. I’d better crawl if I want you back." (This text is now on the back of the shell - clever, huh?) "But I see further than you think, know how to hold my head up." (that last bit of text covers the head and eye stalk) "And have more support than you’ll ever know." (Text has reached the ground and the rest now forms the belly of the snail.) "Oh, baby. This is my glow-up...!"
Image drawn by me, using CorelDraw. And a lot of patience!

You wind me up, tell me that, without you,
I’m just a pest, inconsequential,
homeless, slow, and sickly. I’d better
crawl if I want you back.

But I see further than you think,
know how to hold my head up.
And  have more support than you’ll
ever know. Oh, baby. This is my glow-up...!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Oh, this is a power one, I love it! And the word art is brilliant, too!

    ReplyDelete