Thursday 18 April 2013

#16 Suspension

Tuesday was fun...

And she says:
I've changed your plans.
You understand, yeah?
That I'm the one who's
In command.

You? Irrelevant, really,
A means to project my energy
Into existence
An assistant, if you will;
Bearer of the bitter pill.

It's like this:
At the flick of some
Imaginary switch
Your life's unhitched
From its designated tracks
Sorry - I'm talking about
Whatever you thought
Was the direction
To head down.

I'm the queen of blips,
Missteps, glitches,
Disappearing lovers
And mysterious sickness.
The Greeks had name for me,
Yes, bless them,
They venerated Eris -
Goddess of jealous fate,
Spite, and spikes,
And tragic mistakes.

I've been around
Since humans first thought
They could rule themselves
You could say I've kept
Your whole lot
On their toes and
Don't suppose for
One moment that
Just because you know me
You can sit back...

Buckle up, and
Get uncomfortable, manchild,
I plan to be around until
The crack of Doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment