Sunday 14 April 2013

#14 Chatter

This one came out of nowhere and is broadly true except for the actual "fact"... :)

And I can talk all night
About the Big Things -
Life and Death,
Earth and Sky,
Sea and Fire and Why,
But if I try for the small
And intense - the dense,
The less unseeably immense,
Your guess is as good as mine
On how to describe them.
Like the time you finally
Told me that you loved me
Next to the bins at Tesco,
An al fresco statement
That just sits there -
Bereft of all attempts to
Get in, explode and analyse deftly
Except that its weft
Definitely anchored you
Truly to the warp my life is
The infinitesimal start
Of hearts as a
Still-frighteningly close weave
That leaves me breathless
When I reach out,
Look around to the train
That trails behind
And winds round corners,
See how much more is left
To be clattered together
Line by line...

No comments:

Post a Comment