Tuesday 4 April 2023

2023.3 Anything Goes

Taking my own prompt from Allographic, this turned up this morning:

I’ve defied the promise of my youth;
I feel the loss, but cannot spur myself.
And is it wisdom now to tell the truth?
I’ve redefined the promise of my youth.
To act ungrateful now might seem uncouth,
but I don’t mind the dust on this warm shelf.
They deified the promise of my youth;
I feel the loss, but cannot spurn myself.

Picture of a young, black child with long, reddish-brown, curly hair, standing against a yellow backdrop, holding up a book with Einstein's face on the front so that his profile merges onto theirs.
Image source: Today's Parent article Why being gifted isn’t always a gift

[Image description: Picture of a young, black child with long, reddish-brown, curly hair, standing against a yellow backdrop, holding up a book with Einstein’s face on the front so that his profile merges onto theirs. End image description.]

No comments:

Post a Comment