Saturday 1 April 2023

2023.1 Shazam

Taking a nudge from the Allographic prompt today, starting with an Abracadabra:

Sometimes joy and labour are reversed, it’s true.
No matter how you try, the truth comes out.
High and dry, I find that I’ve no choice:
my options dwindle, one by one;
this sandbar looks like ending.
When did I fear wet feet?
I might get over
my head but, well,
there may be
no real
choice

A watercolour painting of a dark brown, wooden rowing boat pulled up in the shallows of a tropical-looking beach just under a cluster of three palm trees. The sun is bright, but storm clouds are massing, and there is nothing else in sight, just the sea, beach, trees, and sky.
Image found via the Know Your Phrase article about the phrase "high and dry"

[Image description: a watercolour painting of a dark brown, wooden rowing boat pulled up in the shallows of a tropical-looking beach just under a cluster of three palm trees. The sun is bright, but storm clouds are massing, and there is nothing else in sight, just the sea, beach, trees, and sky. End image description.]


No comments:

Post a Comment