Friday 17 April 2015

2015.14 - Save My Soul

Don't go.
I used to make you laugh,
Dizzy and late,
Turning through degrees
Of definition
'til we rotated into friends

Don't leave.
Remember the time
We sang you to tears
And you saw my other side,
Binding music into
Another rung in our DNA

Don't turn away.
Life crimped you early,
Dealt you a set of marked cards
And cast-iron boots,
But you marked your own path,
Carved chaos into compassion,
And learned how to stomp.

Just listen.
You sent me a text once,
That I treasured immeasurably,
Told me I was worth remembrance
So I'll send back that love,
Enfolded over years,
Softened in its creases
Where I unwrapped
And rewrapped its
Five-word package.

Please stay.
Because we value you
As more than all your pain.
Because we bear your mark in us,
Bright as birdsong
Where your love touched.

Just one more day.
And one more step.
And one more laugh.
And one more text.

"Don't forget:
"You are awesome."

No comments:

Post a Comment