Wednesday 15 April 2015

2015.13 - Splinters

You are a beautifully-decorated
Electro-acoustic guitar,
Untouchably of another discipline;
In my memories
Stropping out tributes to
Other high-pitched men
With ephemeral tendencies
And death wishes.

You straddle two worlds,
Turning between workmanlike
And rockstar,
Refusing to choose.
You have travelled forth
And back, maybe as far
As you can, and now you stand,
A little dusty, taut lines sagging
As time wreaks its tricks

There is still time for new ones,
You mutter,
For tumbling licks,
And fretting stretching
Dreams into reality,
Tunes to mend all tears.

You strike tangled chords in me still,
Sometimes
But all I ever knew, in the end,
Was your weight,
And how to despair of your tuning,
My ears sharp to our dissonance.
Still, miles and years away,
I wish you well.

_____________

This technique was learned at a workshop run by Tina Sederholm, called "Extraordinary Conversations with Everyday Objects".

No comments:

Post a Comment