Wednesday 23 April 2014

#23 Non-Verbal

The tiny, tanned woman
By my side
Stretches herself impossibly wide
Her tattooed ankle eye-high.
I avert mine.
She sighs - a small sound
But penetrating.

In front of me, the tall blonde
Bounces, upright and proud
Loudly gasping, slightly smug

The man, Spanish by his accent
Grunts rhythmically,
Punctuating his thumping beat.

On the way in
A stranger's nipples shouted at me
DON'T STARE!
I smiled politely,
At the back of my mind:
They're quite like mine...
DON'T LOOK!

And now they're speeding up
The blonde is lost, mouth slack
The man jackhammers
Leans into his stroke,
She arches her back.

My fingers are frantic,
Faster now and slippery,
I mouth my own obscenities
Wondering bluntly
Who will finish first.

And then...
Oh, relief.
It rushes through me
Cool and pure
I let my breath out,
Drowned briefly,
And heave myself
Back into action.

I adjust the volume,
Pleased I've found the track,
Reflect the gym's a funny place,
Pace increasing,
Face flushing,
Mouth firmly shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment